BEM aims to raise awareness understanding of sustainability to relevant personnel to lead to a sustainable procurement process with the following actions:
1. All personnel in the procurement department must have completed training courses related to sustainable development of the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET E-learning) at least as follows
- Course: P01 E-Learning: Fundamentals of Business Sustainability (Preliminary to Corporate Sustainability).
- Course: ESG 101 course: Understanding overview of ESG.
- Course: Sustainable Supply Chain Management.
2. Prepare public relations media within the organization via intranet and create an online search channel for environmentally friendly products and services (Green Product List/Green Hotel) to encourage everyone in the organization have the opportunity to access information and participate in supporting the procurement of environmentally friendly products and services.
3. Collect annual procurement data for environmentally friendly products or services. to report to the quality committee and Sustainable Development Department.
General principles of BEM Green Procurement Policy as follows:
Use Use materials that less impact to environment or use eco-friendly material, such as no toxic, reusable, renewable, recycle materials, or saving energy materials in the supply.
Use less material such as low weight, small size, or less of material.
Highly efficient production technology such as clean power, lower waste, or reduce production process.
Highly efficient transportation and distribution system such as reduce the use of packaging, use packaging that reusable/recycle, and opt for energy efficient transportation routes.
Lower impact to environment between operations such as low power consumption, low emissions, reduce the use of supplies, and reduce the use of unnecessary parts.
Lifetime worth of use such as durability, easy to repair/maintenance/modify, and not often change.
Highly effective system management after the expiration such as return-back system that less environmental impact, designed to be reuseable/recycle in that product or its parts, or its waste made recycle power, and in case to be disposed of, it can be recycled and safe for landfill.
Products or services that receive environmental, or green labels.
Products or services from organizations that are certified for environmental quality from institutions or government agencies in Thailand or abroad.
Suppliers that Certified of Environmental Management such as ISO 14001, other environmental standards with evidence, or environmental support sponsors in Thailand that can show evidence.
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Company, as the expressway and metro service provider, is committed to helping alleviate traffic problems in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces, through the fully-integrated mass rapid transit and transportation systems
Easily plan your journey along MRT with Bangkok MRT Application This application provides important information of our service, Blue Line & Purple Line route map, locality map, feeder system, facilities, news and activities.